This disclaimer covers websites owned and operated by Chronic Hope Ltd (ABN 79 635 912 944), including:
Content on these sites is provided for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice, and should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with qualified health professionals who can determine your individual medical needs.
Clinical or health practice guidelines provided through our websites are intended as a guide to appropriate health practice. They are designed to provide information to assist in decision-making and are not intended to be prescriptive.
We hope we can answer some of your questions and help you in thinking about further questions you may want to ask. For confidential telephone information or support, call Chronic Hope or the number listed on our websites (cost of a local call from anywhere in Australia, mobiles excepted).
Content on our website has been developed by staff of Chronic Hope Ltd, its committees and working parties, comprising qualified professionals in all fields of health research, detection, prevention, policy and support. We also work closely with various national consumer advocacy organisations and the national organisation representing health professionals working in mental health and well-being.
Research and evidence-based material used is generally referenced (at the end of the page, or where the reference occurred) to acknowledge the author. All attempts are made to ensure the most up-to-date research and evidence is used.
Our online platform enables external submissions in form of comments and evidence submission to allow wide content consultation and discussion. Content posted by external contributors is not endorsed by Chronic Hope and does not necessarily represent Chronic Hope’s views.
All information published on our websites is authorised by Chronic Hope.
Chronic Hope’s websites are regularly monitored and updated as necessary to reflect changes in policy and research outcomes, and as a result of recommendations, programs and activity undertaken by our committees.
Comments and suggestions are welcome via our contact us form.
Copyright/use of content
Works of authorship contained on Chronic Hope’s websites, including but not limited to all design, text and images, are owned or licensed by Chronic Hope and/or its member organisations. They may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed, rented, sub-licensed, altered, stored by subsequent use or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without Chronic Hope’s prior written consent, except by educational institutions for educational purposes, or for personal and non-commercial uses.
When used for personal or educational purposes, Chronic Hope has no objection to the reproduction of content or material provided that the following criteria apply:
- Content is used one time only, in a non-commercial educational setting (one written report, one oral report, or one day of educational display is allowed by for a single presentation).
- Material can only be branded Chronic Hope and an acknowledgment to Chronic Hope, including linking to our website, must be prominently displayed.
- No exclusivity is claimed in relation to provision the content.
- Content is not altered, placed out of context, linked to, reused, further reproduced, or distributed.
- Content is not to be reproduced for use on a web page or with any online service or application without permission of Chronic Hope.
Links to other sites
Chronic Hope provides links to other websites that are not under its control. While we only link to sites we believe offer credible information, we cannot guarantee this information is correct, up-to-date or evidence-based.
Chronic Hope is not responsible for the contents of any linked website, or any link contained in a linked website, or any changes or updates to such websites.
These links are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by Chronic Hope of the organisation or individual operating the website.
Sites linking to Chronic Hope
Chronic Hope encourages links to its websites, subject to the following criteria:
- The appearance, position and other aspects of either the link or the host website may not be such as to damage or dilute the good reputation of Chronic Hope.
- The appearance, position and other aspects of either the link or the host website may not create the false appearance that Chronic Hope is associated with or sponsors the host website.
Chronic Hope reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time and is not responsible for information or materials contained on the host website.
Chronic Hope pays for all costs associated with its websites. Chronic Hope does not accept advertising on its websites.
Date: 19 May 2021